“THE PANIC MISTAKE”
If you've struggled to find the answers for your panic attacks it's NOT your fault.
In all my years of teaching doctors and medical students, I’ve noticed an unfortunate fact: even in professional circles, panic attacks and anxiety issues are often deeply misunderstood*. Unscientific strategies, outdated ideas, and myths abound.
That's why, in Episode #1, we start by correcting the almost UNIVERSAL myths and misconceptions which often worsen the impact of panic in people’s lives.
* Unfortunately, this is NOT just my experience talking here. A 2011 study by Professor Martin Katzman at The University of Toronto (published in Prim. Care Companion CNS Disord. Vol. 13-2) found that doctors failed almost 9 out of 10 times to even diagnose panic attacks in their own REGULAR patients.
If you've felt vulnerable and scared about any of the strange symptoms a panic can bring, Episode #2 is for you.
In this episode, I explain:
- How a panic attack creates all the physical and psychological symptoms it does…
- Why a panic attack can’t kill a person, make them lose control, or make them go insane…
- What the latest research says about why some people have only a few panic attacks, while others get frequent, ongoing panic attacks…
- Why breathing techniques DON'T work long-term for most people...
- Plus a lot more.
“THE PANIC PARADOX”
Have you ever felt that the more you try to break free from panic and anxiety, the tighter its grip over you grows?
Or have you ever thought that you were finally making progress — that you were finally winning the battle — but then something happened and suddenly you found yourself all the way back at the beginning, or maybe even worse off?
It’s enough to make even the strongest, most optimistic person feel defeated at times — and unfortunately, with panic, it’s a very common experience.
That's why in Episode #3 I share with you:
- The common-sense, instinctual reactions to panic that can backfire and maintain or worsen problems with panic attacks long-term…
- Why distraction techniques, trying to debate anxious thoughts, or just trying to "keep busy" are all harmful long-term strategies...
- Why I NEVER ask clients to “relax” or “calm down” when I first meet them if they're having a panic attack...
- And I also give you a scientifically-validated technique that I've used with great success with my 1-on-1 clients. (This technique is deeply counterintuitive, you've almost certainly never come across it before, but it's backed by multiple randomized controlled scientific trials showing that it can really help).
In this episode we talk about a systematic approach to maximize the chance of having a panic-free life.
YOU ALSO GET THESE IMPORTANT, FREE “PANIC FREE TV” FACT-SHEETS...